Dry transfer and vinyl are professional materials. A quality finish can be achieved with practice and patience.
Although quite durable, dry transfers can be scratched and marked if handled roughly, we recommend that transfers are protected with a lacquer or varnish, to make them resistant to damage.
We strongly advise that you test your finish out before final application as some lacquers and varnishes could cause bad reactions, and could be prone to cracking, fading and blurring of the decals.
- Transfers can be matched to any colour or colour matching system, Pantone, BS, RAL, ICI, metallics and white
- Any shape can be produced, pinstripes to a 0.5 mm thickness
- Transfers will come as one colour per sheet
- Apply by locating decal, and rubbing down with burnisher
- The transfer base is slightly sticky on the underside i.e. the side that makes contact with the model
- Prepare surface to be decorated ensuring surface is dry, and dust free
- The transfer sheet can be cut into any number of pieces for ease of application
- With multi-colour images, take care to follow registration marks
- Full colour high-resolution vinyl labels cut to any shape on a wide range of materials and sizes from a postage stamp to a banner
- Use point of a craft knife to carefully lift self-adhesive label from backing sheet and apply to prepared clean surface
- Once label is in correct position, push firmly into place
- This material is designed to follow any curve or detail, so press firmly until it forms to required shape
- Use a hair dryer to warm and press firmly into shape, heat will soften label for improved application over detail
- It is possible to apply wet with a little soapy water
- Ensure all moisture is squeezed out from under the label
- Wet application will have varying levels of success depending on many factors
- Large labels need to be applied with extra care
Please call us if you have any questions re: the above. We will be happy to walk you through the process.
Waterslide transfers are suitable for most model-making jobs and come printed on white or clear paper. Single or full colour image transfers can be produced which can then applied to the desired surface using a wet application process.
Just cut paper to required shape and immerse in water.
When carrier film starts to separate from backing paper, carefully slide your transfer onto the pre-prepared clean surface and carefully locate into position using a soft brush. Eliminate any air bubbles and allow to dry.
Instructions are provided with each set, call between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday for additional information.
All artwork is archived for repeat orders.
Each job is priced individually, so send in details of what you require including any artwork, images, dimensions, quantity etc., and we will provide you with a quote.
If you are unclear about any aspects of the decals or finishing guides etc. please contact us by email or phone and we will endeavour to answer your questions.